Opinions required - what would you do?

Reaction score
Country
Barbados
Been to view this today and still in the very early stages of deciding whether to go for it and what infact to do i.e. completely renovate or just knock down and start again?

http://www.primelocation.com/for-sa...h_identifier=19122108193258aae9efdf386fc01638

Obviously first i've got to buy but to make that decision first i'd need to get a builder, structural engineer (as there are full height cracks) and an architect all on site all to give an opinion.

So i thought i'd quickly ask the question here in the hope you builder lot could advise, appreciate its near impossible but what would be a ball park figure to...

Renovate the house fully inc converting out buildings to office space and workshops

OR

Build new in say a cottage/farmhouse style 3 or 4 bed house including building an outside office/workshop

And what does it cost to demolish a house like this?

There is already gas water and electric on site by the way.

Just ball park figures if poss

Sponsored Links
Wow - tons of potential, and lots of wide open space!
I'd love them workshops, too :)

Unless there is anything seriously wrong with the structure (did you get the home report?) then updating / renovating would be the best option, from a cost, hassle, time and planning perspective.

Good luck!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back