Optima 3 Burglar Alarm - How do I remove a Zone Completely?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Can anyone help out with a problem I have with my Optima 3 Alarm?. In recent months one of the zones is activated for no reason and the alarm sounds, it is always Zone 5. Fortunately, I don't need zone 5 as it now has a conservatory on the side that is alarmed. I can omit Zone 5 by remembering to press omit when I leave the house, but I'd really like to completely remove or disable the zone so I don't need to omit it in future. I've taken a look at the control panel, and tried combinations of removing one wire, then another, twisting the loose ends together etc. but I just get a tamper sound when I set the alarm. Is there an easy way to disable this zone?. ps I'm pretty sure It isn't the PIR as I've replaced it and the fault remains. Thanks for any advice. Pete

Sponsored Links
Managed to work it out from a similar posting I found!! - Just put a loop into the two terminals for Zone 5 in the Contol Panel - Worked Perfectly!.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back