optima alarm sensor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have an optima xl4, one of 3 sensors does not work.
the red light does not come on unlike the other two.
can i replace with a standard sensor pir detector like the micron at maplins or is it dedicated
turned off power and removed cover on sensor.when replaced and power back on the tamper light is on and reset will not remove it.any ideas please
i have an user guide but not a manual
ta in advance

Sponsored Links
cheers for the replies lads
ok guys i cant see it. im on page 161 the current screwfix catalogue and the only single pir i can see is a TATE wall mounted pir which i assume i can swop like for like. its £12.50
there was one in the toolstation book but they ran out.
am i looking in the wrong place, i checked electrical section and i could,nt find any there

Sponsored Links
cheers bud ive checked screwfix on line for both pirs you recommended and they are there but im blowed if they are in the catalogue.
the honeywell is out of stock all round here but my local has the texecom
thanks again

alarms Honeywell 8IR103 price £14.63 inc vat and delivery

ebays Honeywell 8IR103 price £8.98 inc vat and dlivery.

Rather buy from a reputable source than fleabay .

Yes, I await all the "good" feedback people coming at me now. We are all entitled to our opinions.
Personally found fleabay to sell, second hand or obsolete goods out of warranty or worse stolen when checking serial numbers. ( As some have mentioned it is possibly excess stock from a dealer they no longer need...........and fairy's remove teeth, Santa and Easter bunnies exist.......yeah right)
Hence I will never give a link to these sites or similar.

lee2009 we see you buy a lot from there and if memory serves me right have several cameras and devices now, either you are in an extremely high crime rate area or OCD afflicted.

But an alternative relevant to the question and understood is always welcome.

Rather buy from a reputable source than fleabay .

Yes, I await all the "good" feedback people coming at me now. We are all entitled to our opinions.
Personally found fleabay to sell, second hand or obsolete goods out of warranty or worse stolen when checking serial numbers. ( As some have mentioned it is possibly excess stock from a dealer they no longer need...........and fairy's remove teeth, Santa and Easter bunnies exist.......yeah right)
Hence I will never give a link to these sites or similar.

lee2009 we see you buy a lot from there and if memory serves me right have several cameras and devices now, either you are in an extremely high crime rate area or OCD afflicted.

But an alternative relevant to the question and understood is always welcome.

HAHA - whats a nutter you are

i have been waiting for u to slag ebay here, it has just back fired on you, cts who you linked to above, are also on ebay.

infact cts sell the texeom pir for £11.49 on ebay, they want £15.05 on there actual web site.

Thank you for pointing that out for me.
As you are aware I do not like the medium you mentioned for several reasons.

I will now take them off the lists I hold as I despise companies saying one thing and doing another.

Again many thanks for you bringing this to my attention.

Thank you for pointing that out for me.
As you are aware I do not like the medium you mentioned for several reasons.

I will now take them off the lists I hold as I despise companies saying one thing and doing another.

Again many thanks for you bringing this to my attention.

no problem - respect to you.

ok back to the original post.
i went back today and took off the cover on the control unit. the positive (red) lead was disconnected off the battery, put it back and it made no difference. the control unit still displayed "tamper".
went round the 3 sensors and removed and replaced the covers, only once did the internal loud alarm go off.but after inserting the code the "day" light came up and "tamper" was removed,
the sensor i thought was playing up recognized movement on the "walk" test and i had to reset it using zero.
as it appears to be doing what it is supposed to i have left it alone, even though i am still confused why the red lead on an 8 year old battery was not connected.
any thoughts or advice?

Typical panel reaction to a bad/missing battery.

What you did could be called a "mini service" and this found the fault (s).

As Sparkymarka said first thing was to check the lids. you then progressed to the panel.

Well spotted, but you really do need a new battery now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back