Optima Compact G3 + Reson8 Bell Box

Stop pestering the guy, Daisy. You are bordering on the obsessive. If he wants your help he'll ask for it.

Sponsored Links
Hi, It's me back again!

I've checked the hold off supply (A&D) in the box and it is just over 13v. Also, the LED in the bellbox is red confirming the presence of the hold off supply.

The bellbox goes off loud when I open it but no strobe and when I set the alarm off from the panel there's nothing from the bellbox (either bell or strobe)

Can you help me and tell me what else I now need to check?

Thanks

Bazza

Stop pestering the guy, Daisy. You are bordering on the obsessive. If he wants your help he'll ask for it.

I'm asking for help now - will anyone help me please?

sounds like your trigger wire is cut or broken somewhere, you only have 4 cores ( 1 is used for 12+ one is used for 0v these are ok as you have power at the bell box ) so you have two wires left bell trigger which you have linked to strobe and the tamper return wire swop these two around at panel and bell box end and touch the bell trigger wire onto 0v in the panel and you should hear the bell ring, if not its time to run a new cable.

Sponsored Links
I am replacing my Sonade2000 box with the Reson8, my old box started going off for no apparent reason, it wasn't sounding in the control panel and could not stop it without actually disconnecting the box. My old box had a + and - wires on the strobe, where the new one just has the - , I have wired up the new box with just the five wires and the sounder is going off with no control ??? do I just leave the spare strobe cable off , can anyone please advise ?

My alarm was sounding for no apparent reason, no alarm or indication on control panel, fitted a new box -Reson8, no voltage on the hold off positive and negative, when I activate the alarm the three rooms with PIR's light up on the control box, any ideas????

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back