optima compact gen4 alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just fitted a new alarm all things working except external sounder can anyone help

Sponsored Links
Hi, found this somewhere, hope it helps...

G4 to AG6

Panel / Bell Colours

Stb- = ST- Green

T = -R Yellow

A = V- Black

D = V+ Red

B = SW Blue

Sponsored Links
The problem I now have, as soon as I power up the external sounder goes
into alarm and pressing the code in does not stop the sounder I have to cut the power to stop the external sounder I have wired it according to the engineer manual

The problem I now have, as soon as I power up the external sounder goes
into alarm and pressing the code in does not stop the sounder I have to cut the power to stop the external sounder I have wired it according to the engineer manual

Did you set it up as above and have you put the cover on the AG6 with the screw in, and the panel cover on, both will stop a tamper alarm? This is how mine is set up and working.

I changed the bell box to a Honeywell reason 8 bell box, all wired up cover on screw up still the alarm will not react to the code, I am going to strip all wires out and start again to see if I can find the fault thank for your help

Take picture of connections in panel and post picture on here..the colours biker posted where from his panel , yours may be using different colours..

Looks ok,power up with black wire out in panel bell trip,does it still ring ? Make sure battery link in on and tamper switches closed.

took the black wire out of the bell trig in the alarm panel bell did not ring
when I set off the alarm bell did not ring either, when black wire was returned as soon as powered up alarm bell sounded would not respond to code, everything else works fine,when I take the front cover off the panel
sounder sets off but not the external sounder,when the external sounder is ringing I can set the alarm for pirs and doors and they set

The black bell trip cable goes 0v in alarm , was trying to see if it was the bell box or panel with the issue , so if you remove the black wire ..... Can you set the system ok ? If so set off the alarm .... The bell will not ring BUT the strobe will flash and the internal alarm will sound.... Does it do this ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back