Optima G3 Tamper problem

Have you got a stand alone RKP?

My Accenta RKP tamper switch broke so that sometimes when keying in numbers, the tamper went off. I thought initially it was the keypad PA set off, but when I opened up the RKP, the broken spring fell out...

Sponsored Links
How do i sort a problem with my home security alarm, the texecom(the name of my alarm) it is the tamper for the magnetic door contact that i am having troubles with. hope you can get back to A.S.A.P thanks

Joe Feehan

Check the connections, at each end.
In the panel there will be a few in series in connector strip.
At the contact a twisted pair under the silver screw.

As for the OP, does it happen as you walk in certain places.

It's nearly always the bellbox tamper switch. It's the only tamper that is subject to moisture and corrosion. Link it out for a while and see what happens.

Oh and it can be (rare though) the tamper on your door contacts.

Wrong on both counts as per.

Sponsored Links
It's nearly always the bellbox tamper switch. It's the only tamper that is subject to moisture and corrosion. Link it out for a while and see what happens.

Oh and it can be (rare though) the tamper on your door contacts.

Wrong on both counts as per.

Over four years after the event - I would hope OP has sorted out his problems by now ;)

hi have disconnected all cables zones tampers etc have put loops in the PA , tamp , ta of the bell and tamp of the rkp . when power put on power led lights up red . put RKP cables back in left loop in tamper and RKP is showing tamper fault . my assumption it is the main PCB Board at fault , anyone any other idea ??? Battery is flat and needs changed
thanks
Gordon

That's maybe your problem ! There should be a spring tamper on panel it may have come off ! Switch above panic terminals google manual page 4 sw1 on pcb diagram...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back