Optima XM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi People

I moved into my current property 8 or so months ago and it had a Optima XM alarm installed. This has worked without fault up until 3 days ago.

Everytime i try to set the alarm i get a zone 4 alarm led come on meaning i need to exclude that zone.

Zone 4 has 2 pirs, 3 x door contacts, vibration sensor on window and window contact.

How would i go about determining what is at fault. Im pretty good with DIY just need a few pointers.

The pirs still have a flashing red light, just cant figure out why the alarm is showing zone 4 as open?

Excluding zone 4 makes the alarm work as normal.

Any help please.

Sponsored Links
Nasty ! all those devices on one zone IF they all come back to panel remove all devices on zone 4 and add back one at at time unless you have a multimeter in which case check all devices for open loop.

Cheers, I have a multimeter somewhere. Will get it out.

Like i said total newbie any special steps i need to take or do before opening the control panel?

Special way to do things?

Open panel, alarm internal goes off , enter code keypad will seem dead . check connections to zone 4 if sorted (will probably be a door contact) close panel lid press reset keypad will work now. Major issue check battery on optimal as a faulty one will burn out panel ( large resistor behind keypad)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the help. I have decided to upgrade to a visonic that i bought ages ago but never fitted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back