Optima XM6. Can't reset engineer's code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have an Optima XM6 house alarm. I wish to add a zone, service the system etc., and so need the engineer's code. I have a copy of the manual, and I followed the instructions to reset all settings in volatile memory to their default settings- i.e. power off, remove cover, remove wiring from contacts 13 and 23, connect latter together and repower, and restore original wiring. All seemed to go as expected, and when I refitted the cover the unit returned to day mode. I found the customer code had been successfully reset to the default 0123, which I then changed. But when I follow the procedure to reset the engineer's code, the default value 9999 isn't recognised! Can anybody help?

Thanks

Paul Needs

Sponsored Links
Don't know why you are bothering as there are only 6 or 7 options that can be changed...2 and 3 entry route and rest of the zones are fixed alarm zones

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back