OSMA Join

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have inherited a lovey Gutter Union that is leaking.

The part of the join was OSMA 7T.709 and i cannot find it ANYWHERE.

Osma said they haven't stocked it for five years, last supplier they knew of stopped selling it.

Tried sealant, dosn't work, tried a new 8T, it's too heavy for the original guttering.

Other than replacing the whole back gutter run anybody know how i could get hold of this part.

Thanks

Dan

Sponsored Links
Is the union broken or just leaking at the joint with the next section? If it's just leaking then fit new rubbers and clip it back on properly.

Seals from any Osma should work. They're just strips of ribbed rubber. Take your old one off and have a look, there's a fair chance you could modify a seal from another manufacturer.

Take it off on a warm day, the old plastic gets a bit brittle after a while and the clips can break.

Sponsored Links
It must be an old one - like what I fitted in the village where I lived in '75 - drove through recently and someone had fitted a black one on the original grey gutter- looked like a filled tooth. There are some on eBay that came up when I did a search. If you're talking about a village in E. Sx then it may be the same one LOL

God knows how they got another bit to fit! House is late 90's.....just unfortunately bought the house and it has been empty for a while so guttering has been full of moss and sagged causing this i think.

I tried the seals before but didn't work...nightmare.

Seriously - look on eBay they have ones listed with that number;)

Hi all, I have exactly the same problem and wondered what the outcome of this issue was? Have looked on Ebay but can't find anything any ideas please? thanks

You are knackered...best i've managed to do is ask my next door neighbour for the old ones they've recently just ripped out and replaced.

I'm considering redoing them tbh

Thanks for that - will have to have a re-think but really dont want to have to replace the whole gutter aarrggghh!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back