Other Reasons for Pressure Loss?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler is Vokera Excell 80sp

Recently been having problems with pressure loss and water coming from overflow.

Corgi man came out flushed the pressure valve (I think!), changed the inflow tap (I think!) and added some leak sealant to the system. I think he also did something to the pressure valve or some other part to add more air to it (if that makes sense!).

Water from overflow has stopped. Still losing pressure despite leak sealant, and temperature is hot water has started becoming more variable (was hot before now varies between hot and luke warm). I get the impression the boiler might be cutting out when hot water comes on. Any reasons for temp loss based on what he might have done above?

Presumably a leak is the only reason for pressure loss - does this mean its maybe too big for sealant? We've searched everywhere and can't find evidence of one. (its a week since he added sealant)

Sponsored Links
Probability is thatthe pressure relief valve is leaking if he didn't renew it. Cleaning them doesn't always work. That would give drips at the pressure relief pipe (what you're calling the overflow) but they may be evaporating before they get to show. Look harder - sometimes coloured tissue paper is handy for showing leaks so shove some up it.

Same evaporation happens on radiator valves under the plastic caps.

Thanks

Just got his bill.

Pressure relief valve was replaced (knew he'd changed something! - he left the old one)

Pretty sure water is not now coming from the external pipe, and can't find anything round radiators.

Presumably if its leaking under the floors somewhere, there not much I can do beyond topping it up, and hopefully finding the source sometime in future?

Anyone got any ideas about the variable water temp that has occurred since he did the work described?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back