Outdoor room / summerhouse using existing walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone.

I'm new to this site and to this in general so if my questions seem outrageous then that is why.

I'm considering building a summerhouse type out building in my garden and want some advice as to if this is possible and what I would need to do exactly and if planning would be required.

The area in which I plan to build this summer house currently already has 3 external walls. One wall is the external house wall and the other two are the external garden walls. The three of these walls form a u shape. My thoughts where that if I erected a frame to these walls then boarded the frame, then built a 'front' and a roof then I would have a relatively easy cost effective job on my hands.

Do people think this would be possible?

What kind of things do I need to consider before starting such a project?

I've done an extremely basic drawing so that you can see the shape of the existing walls.

The green is the garden and the yellow part is the part I plan to build in.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Regards

[/url]

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back