Outside Christmas lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am busy fitting outside Christmas lights. Most are OK as I can take the plug off and put them through a hole in the garage facia and then put the plug back on.

The trouble comes with the multi function ones as they have a controller box to alter the speed of the flash and this cannot be re-wired.

How am I supposed to get this into the garage to keep it weather type.

Either I am being really thick or there is no solution. :idea:

I see many people trap the wire in their windows. Is this because of this silly controller box??

Thanks

:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
It sounds like you have got lights suitable for indoor use; and you are using them outdoors :rolleyes:

This is unsafe :!:

If you can get some lamps that run off a low-voltage transformer, you could use those, provided the transformer and all wires at mains voltage are inside the house, and only the low-voltage wires are outside.

I have definately not got inside ones !!

They are chunky outside ones that say on the box outside lights.

Both inside and outside have this controller.

I do not really want to go down the road of a protector bo outside, as they look ugly.

Thanks for any other ideas

Sponsored Links
If the control box is after the transformer (IE. its 24v SELV) then what I do is put it in a small plastic box and tape around the edges, or a plastic food bag and just leave it outside, with it being 24v SELV there is very little shock rick, and i've never had one fail from being outside.

newtodiy123 said:
They don't !!

Just say keep controller and transformer inside

seem to have answered your own question :confused:

newtodiy123 said:
I see many people trap the wire in their windows. Is this because of this silly controller box??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back