Outside kitchen sink drain and damp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Been recently trying to trace cause of some damp floor boards in kitchen next to outside wall and near sink. Checked all pipework and appears to be OK no leaks, checked under floorboards and can't see any standing water of signs of damp. It appears that the house had a new damp proof course in recent years. The previous occupant did remove the washing machine and I wondered if they were careless and let water flood that part of the kitchen. It has dried up now after leaving a heater there for many days. I had a look at the air vent in the outside wall and it appeared to be clear. My next port of call was the outside drain, which I am not sure about the level of waste water it should be at. I put some powerful drain cleaner down it.

I have attached two photos one shows water level to start with and one when I flushed the water down the drain system. Which level should it be at please?

Any help much appreciated.
before.jpg
after.jpg

Regards
Kevin

Sponsored Links
Look to be where I'd have expected it to be in the R/H pic, tip a bucket or 2 down there, it should disappear virtually straight away if the pipework from the drain is clear. Careful you dont splash yourself though if you've used chemicals, often is nasty stuff. :eek:

Hi Hugh,

Thanks for your reply - when the sink is run for a while the water level seems to return to the left hand picture level. Do you think that there might be a blockage further down the line in the drainage system?

Regards
Kevin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back