Outside stable doors

drgaz

if i was burning off i would just do the whole door as it would not take much time to do. you would then sand down and as i prefer start again on the bare timber with a microporus paint system to let the wood breath (applying knotting to all knots). don't forget to fill all splits and cracks with a decent wood filler. i would recommend cuprinol 2 part filler for this.
that is my advice any way. hope this is useful.

Sponsored Links
Well the paint system does not look very healthy and there also appears to be water staining present, so seeing that the heat gun is to hand I think you would be best advised to strip, if you wish to take the advice regarding the Dulux then that will be your decision.

Dec

thedec

i am aware that not everyone will agree on the dulux paint system as preference will prevail. could you recommend your preferred paint system so that the op has more choice? and if anyone else has a preferred system that could benefit this post.

Sponsored Links
thedec

i am aware that not everyone will agree on the dulux paint system as preference will prevail. could you recommend your preferred paint system so that the op has more choice? and if anyone else has a preferred system that could benefit this post.

You upsetting people again elrobbo?

strip it, fill it, apply knotting along with an aliminium primer.

RMS

that will suffice for the priming but you seem to have missed the rest of the paint system. what would you recommend for undercoat and top coat? why knot with aluminum primer?

i assure you that i am not trying to upset anybody and am deeply sorry if i have as it is not my intention.

thedec

Well you have already had a suggested system given by dcdec, and in answer to your question if the op required one then the answer would be yes. Once I had determined what his intentions were and what finish he would require, as far as you are concerned then the answer would be no.

Dec

dcdec

thanks for the info, never came across this product before.

much appreciated.

Your welcome but just a little word of advice. Don't test people that know what they're talking about it gets backs up, suggest alternatives, debate the pro's and con's and agree to disagree.

Thank you for all for the above,
My plan of action is to burn off,sand ,filler,prime undercoat and gloss.when I have done I will post the results. thank you all very much kind regards.g

the paint to me looks so thin i would assume it has been stripped
it looks like a maximum 3 layers to me so no more than 5 to 10 years old
but i could be wrong

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back