Overflowing toilet advice macdee duocompact

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Don't do much plumbing jobs so any help appreciated..

Fill valve not shutting off, is it just a case of replacing the black diaphram inside or is it the rubber washer with the hole in it?
And does anyone know where I can get them?
Also is it normal for the water to fill on top of the float?

I tried to replace with a fluid master I had in garage but the threaded part is too long to get the mains pipe connected to it.
Would it be acceptable to simply pull the threaded part back into toilet and position with internal backnut so there's enough room on external part to connect to mains pipe. Does that make sense?

Sponsored Links
I tried to replace with a fluid master I had in garage but the threaded part is too long to get the mains pipe connected to it.
Would it be acceptable to simply pull the threaded part back into toilet and position with internal backnut so there's enough room on external part to connect to mains pipe. Does that make sense?

Yes but - You could try using a 1/2" top hat washer to space it as this will help keep the inner flange of the float valve pushing against the side of the cistern rather than relying on the plastic 1/2" thread not bending! You won't need an internal backnut with the tophat washer there

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back