Pads and discs brands

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm shopping around for front pads and discs and surprised to hear from shops that Mintex is now considered a budget brand. Most of the local shops are stocking Juratek and Apec brakes.

I think I'll try Juratek and see how they perform. If they can stop an HGV, then can stop a Punto.

Does anyone rate Juratek from experience ?

Sponsored Links
In reality you probably will never have a problem with most mainstream manufacturers but id always stick with mintex or apec as ive never had an issue with either of them.
Its true most products are not what they used to be but stick with what has worked for you in the past is my motto.

Most obliged ch247

I've been using Mintex for years all the family cars have them fitted. I suspect the term "budget" may be a sales ploy to push other brands at customers.

I always get cheapish ones from ebay and have never had a problem - I don't drive very fast mind.

Peter

Sponsored Links
APEC and Juratek are both fine......the likes of Eurocarparts seem to favour Pagid which is also fine.
I haven't had issues with any disc make for ages regarding run out etc, but some makes do corrode alarmingly quickly!
John :)

What the hell, I'll stay with Mintex - they always been good in my opinion.

Most obliged folks.

A perfectly fine choice......regarding the discs though, spend some time cleaning the hub up shiny so the discs run true......I usually apply a light coat of Coppaslip, and don't tighten the screws up fully.
John :)

I've used Juratek and they were fine. They looked and felt as good as any of the big brand names too.

I always thought pagid were the dogs ****** being oe fitment to porsche etc but someone told me they are now euro car parts own brand.

Some cracking prices on ebay

For the 2002 reg Punto 1.2 I'm changing the pads and discs on, my nephews first car

pad & disc set, £35 Mintex and £37 Delphi

Brake pads need to be type approved these days. Look for the type approval number on the box. Either a capital Letter "E" in a circle, followed by some numbers, or a lower case letter "e" in a rectangle followed by some numbers. I tend to have few problems with pads, but I've had cracks forming in cheap no-name discs in the past, so I tend to buy a brand of disc that I can trust.

Sponsored Links
Back