Paedophile Hunter C4 Tonight

Sponsored Links
Yes

I think Stinson has a just cause in identifying offenders and that he believes he is genuinely acting in the best interests of children.

But the serving police officer had a valid point when he said the evidence to ensure conviction has to be gathered in a more organised way than it is when Stinson gathers it.

Putting the images and accusations in public domain on the web before a court case could wreck the case for the prosecution and thus the offender escapes conviction.

If as a result of the program there is more funding and manpower made available for police forces to operate in similar ways but with more organised collection of evidence then Stinson will have made an significant improvement.

Really well presented and cutting. Stinson it seems potentially in reality will never be offered a role in the police force, yet you can see he's a man with an awful amount of emotional undercurrents who has managed to tame and focus this energy into a positive cause, and potentially to help heal some of the scars inflicted on him whilst in care.
My only point of conflict was the case where a paedo was caught by them he killed himself leaving his partner and kid behind, im guessing due to the impending humiliation online and arrest. That's a huge price to pay, but ultimately he took the decision to commit such crimes. So whilst i feel sorry to see this poor child grow up without her father, as my wife pointed out what if he started abusing her as she matured? We will never know.

It was also evident as usual the police don't have the funds to deal with the amount of offenders out there, Stinson and his team had a mature attitude to their approach and the respect for the position of the police. It was refreshing to see an intelligent young man recover from such turmoil in his life and give something back to looking after his community. How else do you prevent these sick people?

Down our way the police seem to invest an awful amount of time in 'talivans' the speeding vans on what are normally 40mph dual carriagway zones for easy cash..

Like most sane, normal parents; peadophiles occupy a special place in my heart.... a very cold, merciless place. I do worry about this sort of behaviour though, firstly because as has been said, no one wants this kind of thing intefereing with correct procedure and possibly prejudicing a case. Secondly god help anyone that may be misidentified.

Difficult one, I cannot abide child abuse / peados... but it would sit badly with me if I knew I'd wrongly accused someone of such a despicable crime.

Sponsored Links
I admire Stinson for his efforts, but as previously said, if his stings jeopardise any future court proceedings then he has in effect done the world a disservice. I suspect he was once a victim that has now channeled his energies into trapping other potential abusers, sadly the Police are tied up by red tape, a culture of fear and protection (e.g. Saville and co. etc), and insufficient funding for anything other than speed camera's and politically correct agenda's....

Sadly I have first hand experience of the damage these 'people' can do. Funny how they all become quivering wrecks when their sordid secret is exposed. Pity they didnt have the same thoughts for their potential victims.... My daughter's Mother is serving a 'life sentence' in a mental health unit, due to her being abused at the age of 12 by a family friend. He knew exactly what he was doing, he had already scared her and her sister into absolute silence before anything happened! Only when she tried to commit suicide at 16 did the truth finally come out.

His punishment? Nothing, still walks the streets a free man. CPS said she was too unstable to be a reliable witness, his defence would rip her to bits so a prosecution wasn't in the public interest.... Her reward? 20+ years of struggling with her mental health, self harming and being too ill to raise her own child.

The Mental Health system is full of adults that are ill simply because they cannot cope with the legacy left by abusers. Somehow, these people who do or wish to abuse children need to be outed and removed from circulation, before any more children have their lives wrecked beyond belief.

I can well understand the anger and disillusionment of the system that must be caused when these people walk away scot-free.

Little wonder, then, that some people take the law into their own hands.

Yes, I understand the dangers of vigilantism, but perhaps the CPS could make an effort to discourage it!

Back