Paint Bubble on Ceiling After Painting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am redecorating one of our bedrooms in the house and spent the whole day prepping (My granddad who was a decorator said the prep is more important than the painting) and today I painted the first coat of Dulux white silk on the ceiling as the ceiling had already been painted by someone else in silk so could not go for Matt.

When applying the first coat with a roller the roller caused a bubble about 3" wide when I pulled the roller back towards me. All other parts of the ceiling seem ok and its just this section so I have left it to dry and not touched it as the paint was still wet but a few hrs later it looks to have gone down a bit but is still showing a little as the paint is drying still.

Will see how it is in the morning but should I just leave it if it go's down once dry or should I cut out / sand down the area if not as I know trying to fix the issue can make it look worst in the end.

I think its due to the original silk paint not adhering to that small section maybe caused by a dust spot by the last person who painted the ceiling.

Many Thanks
Chris

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back