Painting a garden wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

My new house has a white painted garden wall (inside only). It has faded now, and I need to repaint. What is the best way to do this, BIG roller with loads of masony paint? btw, it is a bare cavity block, no rendering.

Joe

Sponsored Links
joemc99 said:
Hi All,

My new house has a white painted garden wall (inside only). It has faded now, and I need to repaint. What is the best way to do this, BIG roller with loads of masony paint? btw, it is a bare cavity block, no rendering.

Joe

Yep Joe. Tho brush down with a stiff hand broom and treat any green with a solution of thin housold bleach and water.

Happy rolling :LOL:

joemc99 said:
Hi All,

Joe

Wait a bit, as the water will leach into the wall and mess your new painjob

Its a job for the summer really!!

Wait for summer, wanted to do it now as all the planting is low so I can actually get at the wall!

Also, friend recommends I hire a spayer, should use a lot less paint and be quicker. Any thoughts on this?

Sponsored Links
Paint it now it will obviously look better, but long term, give it a quick lick in the summer!!

sprayers tend to use more paint, and you also paint where you dont want, not to mention where the paint spray goes when the wind gets it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back