Painting behind pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My kitchen diner project continues, (now that I've recovered from the disaster of using a tin of paint as a paperweight!) and I need to paint behind the pipes leading to my rad.
I have two 15mm copper pipes about 30-40mm apart running all the way down the wall - far enough apart I need to paint inbetween them but close enough together to mean my hamfisted bush wielding is going to get as much on the pipes as the wall.

Is there an easy/clever/cheat way to mask the pipes up?

Sponsored Links
Assuming you are talking about emulsion on the wall I would just have a damp rag to hand and wipe off as you go.

Failing that, cling film is a good cover.

I'd just wipe as you go - it'll be less effort.

You could get a cheap Bent Radiator Paint Brush, should get into the most awkward places and not leave a lot of mess.
1841.jpg

Sponsored Links
Masking tape is the way forward - tuck it behind the pipes and wrap round, then scoot down the gap in seconds with your hammiest of fists.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back