Painting breeze blocks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a garage made of breeze blocks and want to paint them white inside to make the most of the light.

Will I need to seal them first or would garage floor paint do the trick on its own? Or is there some other paint that would be more appropriate?

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
We always use ordinary emulsion inside our industrial units for this job. First coat (on bare blocks)thinned down with a small ammount of water and then neat for subsequent coats. Vinyl silk is best, it resists dirt better and can be washed, to a degree. Spraying is easier as it gets in the holes in the blocks better. Otherwise a deep pile roller.

I have never tried it with floor paint but don't see why you couldn't use it although it is quite thick, again thin the first coat right down to seal the blocks. I have seen blocks with gloss paint on them and it looked well.

When this is done in workshops it is usually done with a darker colour on the bottom half otherwise it soon looks grubby.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back