Painting brick wall (internal)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I have a small brick shed at built onto the side of my house.

I am soon going to have a gas boiler fitted into it and a chest freezer so I want to sort it our de-spider the place and make it a bit nicer.

I want to paint directly onto the bare brick walls internally. I have looked up masonary paint but it seems to only come in mahoosive tins which i am giessing will paint a whole house. where i only need a small amount for a shed which is no bigger than 2mx2m minus the door and window.

Could I use emilsion onto the brick! or what would be the best option. I only want it white...

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Sponsored Links
Well you can apply an emulsion paint to internal masonry/ brickwork providing the area concerned is not subject to moisture or frost and in your case the brickwork is paintable, if you decide to go ahead you should first using a stiff bristle brush clean down the area to be painted. Then apply a thinned coat first around 20% water should be fine, by the way Johnstones do a smooth masonry paint in 2.5lt.

Dec

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back