painting emulsion over plaster sealer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have recently been repairing my home's former owners handy work on my plasterboard walls. Basically I've repaired the filler and skimmed it with pollycell skim finish that requires priming before painting. I used B&Q paster sealer on the repaired areas and once dry I painted the walls using B&Q base coat paint.

The trouble is the base coat adherers differently to the primed and non primed areas of the walls and makes the primed areas very obvious to the eye. Is there anything I can do to create a uniform finish the entire wall?

many thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi,
Is there anything I can do to create a uniform finish the entire wall?
Either lots & lots & lots more paint or get it properly prepped, skimmed & finished; sorry to be unkind but the stuff your using is total DIY crap & will never give a decent finish :cry:

no that's not unkind, i've never used any of this stuff before so I have no comparison. for future reference are their any products that you could recommend?

Sponsored Links
You'll always get differences in textures. Best thing is to thin the paint a little and roller a few quick coats over it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back