Painting garage walls with emulsion and spray gun?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm going to paint the inside of my garage soon. It is 45sqm, so you can imagine that there is alot of walls to paint.
The walls are unpainted 5 year old concrete blocks.
In the past I have found that painting with a roller is a nightmare. So seeing as I have spray gear for painting cars, why can't I spray the walls. Obviously I will spend alot of time masking, but it will be worth it as spraying will get in all the holes in the blocks.

Has anyone done this before? I assume I need to water down the emulsion? With water?

Any ideas or advice would be great. Thanks

Sponsored Links
I have spray kit for cars too...but I am pretty sure it wouldn`t work for emulsion. :cry: My M8 -a pro decorator- Has Airless kit specially for emulsion, It might be worth seeing if you can hire this type :idea: Or invest in a 12 inch roller with frame , pole and bucket.

I did the interior of mine about 10 years ago. Mine is a brick interior and I was fed up with everything getting covered in brick/mortar dust. I first painted it with a stabilising solution because the mortar was a bit sandy and then a coat of good quality exterior emulsion paint. I used one of those brushes for fence painting (130 x 40 mm) and it easily got into all the nooks and crannies. It also made the whole garage a lot brighter.
It still looks freshly painted, apart from the cobwebs!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back