Painting pine bunk beds white - where do I start?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone!

I have just bought some lovely Marks and Spencer pine bunk beds from Ebay and my intention is to paint them white.

I have no idea how to go about doing this! Could someone please advise me where to start, the stages of prepartion and the best primer, paint and brush/roller to use :confused:

Thank you so much!

Sponsored Links
well if I were you I'd sand them down with 120 grit paper, wipe them off with white spirit if you have it or a damp cloth.
When dry apply a coat of Dulux Satinwood. Next day do the same again. Should look great if you do it right.
Synthetic brush would probably be best and easier to wash.

Hello Joe,

So I don't need to apply a primer/undercoat (are they the same thing?!)?
Not that I know anything about painting anything - but the bunks are for my two young sons so I don't want the paint to chip off easily - if you know what I mean!

And you think a brush is better than a roller?

Thank you! :)

Sponsored Links
Satinwood is a semigloss that is self undercoating. The better you sand it back the more durable it will be. A roller isn't really suitable. Try to sand it until it is uniformly matt.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back