Panasonic KX-TEA308

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just swapped over my old panasonic 206 electronic modular switching system for the Panasonic KX-TEA308 as the 206 was damaged and after speaking to Panasonic they told me this was what i needed.

After connecting all the extensions as described in the booklet provided i then discover to programme it i need a KX-T7730 or a KX-T7735, which i was not told either when i spoke to Panasonic or when i ordered the Panasonic KX-TEA308.

So my question is can i use a different branded phone for the initial set up and if so how?

Sponsored Links
No ! You need a master phone to program system you can use an older version as long as you have a prorpgramming overlay...as the buttons may be different..£20 ebay for a 7730 !

No ! You need a master phone to program system you can use an older version as long as you have a prorpgramming overlay...as the buttons may be different..£20 ebay for a 7730 !

Thanks for the quick reply, usually i wouldn't bother with this sort of thing but it was a favour for a friend, so as long as i can get a phone with a programming overlay i should be fine, regardless of make? Also are the existing phones and fax machine that are in the pub ok to be used as extension 2,3,4 etc. again regardless of make?

Edit: Sorry misread your reply so the phone to program the system needs to be a panasonic as well?

You can use any standard handset on the system ext 21 is normally used for programming with a Panasonic master handset ! This need 4 wires to the socket .

Sponsored Links
You can use any standard handset on the system ext 21 is normally used for programming with a Panasonic master handset ! This need 4 wires to the socket .

Thanks, ext 21 was the only one with 4 wires to the socket as well. Thanks again.

I had one of these (or the older version ?) some years ago at one of my sites at work. IIRC, under power fail, it connects the CO lines ot the extensions - with line 1 connected to ext 21, line 2 to ext 22, and so on. Traditionally (don't remember if it was mandatory for programming) at least Ext 21 would be a system phone - which doesn't work without power.

So they've cleverly arranged that with the power off, your first exchange line is connected to a phone that doesn't work :rolleyes:
So from that perspective, it's worth not connecting your first exchange line to CO1 on the switch. There's an argument for connecting them in reverse order anyway - reduces incidences of "call collisions" where someone dials 9 to get a line just as a call comes in.

This system an be programmed via USB, and a CD is usually included with the software. It's also available on line.

Right so i've got hold of 7730 and have programmed the KX-TEA308, now my only problems are
1. I can't get an outside line on the sub-phones placed through out the building, although getting an outside line on the 7730 is not a problem.
2. My mate has lost the CD that came with it. Do i need this for the original programming or can it be done with the 7730?

Can you ring the phones internally eg 21 , 22 if not they are wired incorrect, you may have to program the extensions for co access ...

Can you ring the phones internally eg 21 , 22 if not they are wired incorrect, you may have to program the extensions for co access ...

Yeah thats all fine 21 can ring 22, 22 can ring 23 etc. all the extensions can also receive incoming calls from another number just can't seem to get an outside dialling tone to ring out.

You need to go into programming and set each extension for line ( co ) access I've only programmed the old 308 systems which you set the PABX to program and used the keypad overlay for the handset.

You need to go into programming and set each extension for line ( co ) access I've only programmed the old 308 systems which you set the PABX to program and used the keypad overlay for the handset.

Can i programme it using the 7730 or do i need the CD?

Yes google tea 308 look for installation book page 59 this should default your PABX.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back