Parking In A Disabled Bay.

If do not hold a blue badge, have you parked, do you or would you park in a disabled space?

• Yes.

• Sometimes.

• No.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sponsored Links
I suppose I used to be scum as I have done in the past. My wife now has a blue badge and I know how difficult it is to find a disabled parking bay at times and would never consider using one now. Being a really good HJ I have never and would never use her badge if she was not with me.

I now carry stickers with me and put them on windows of vehicles parked in disables bays who do not display a blue badge.

This is the sticker I use

Attachments

• Stupidity is not a disability.pdf
    117.2 KB · Views: 194
Sponsored Links
I now carry stickers with me and put them on windows of vehicles parked in disables bays who do not display a blue badge.
You're like a militant ex-smoker! But a militant ex-disabled bay parker :)

Some years ago this sign ( or very similar ) was glued to the windscreen of a persistant offender,

"" The driver of this car is not disabled but his car is now disabled ""

Before the AA ( or RAC ) arrived to recover / repair it the police had it removed.

I voted sometimes because sometimes you will pull up to a B&Q or similar late on when there are hardly any customers or cars.
In those circumstances I'm fcked if I'm going to carry whatever I buy the extra 50 or 60 yards back when I don't have to.

No, I never have.

I notice the police do, but then... they always seem to stop motorists in the most dangerous place they can find.

I agree in not using them when there are spaces that a non disabled person can use but there are circumstances where using them is not because the driver is scum.

How about extending the discussion to disabled toilets - would you never use them either?
They are just toilets that have been converted so that a disabled person can use them too, not for exclusive use by the disabled only.
The reasons for locking them are not just to keep non disabled users out.

Do disabled users expect exclusive use of facilities, excluding everyone else?
I don't.

I agree in not using them when there are spaces that a non disabled person can use but there are circumstances where using them is not because the driver is scum.

How about extending the discussion to disabled toilets - would you never use them either?
They are just toilets that have been converted so that a disabled person can use them too, not for exclusive use by the disabled only.

I don't.

Never heard of a disabled toilet being for the exclusive use of the disabled.

How about extending the discussion to disabled toilets
I think they should be repaired.

- would you never use them either?
No.

...but they are the only ones they can get into - if severely disabled or in wheelchairs, that is.

Stops them being damaged and vandalised (by the otherwise disabled).

They may not expect it but it should be so.

Ok.

A lot of disabled toilets are locked and need a certain key to open them.

Yes of course, if they cannot use the facilities others are able to, but can use the disabled facilities.

Sponsored Links
Back