Parking In A Disabled Bay.

If do not hold a blue badge, have you parked, do you or would you park in a disabled space?

• Yes.

• Sometimes.

• No.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I was in my village the other day & my Ma got asked by the traffic warden to show her my blue badge. It was a case of
"I don't know her but she knows me", as she said "That's fine" to my Ma and walked off. Obviously, I don't look much like my Ma so she must have recognised me as I am not the only disabled person in the village (sound like Daffyd now!)

Sponsored Links
I never park in disabled bays. Seems wrong taking liberties with our not so well brothers and sisters. I do understand some peoples resentment though.

Sponsored Links
Nor me. I didn't even when I used to take my Dad to hospital.

He insisted I could use his permit but I didn't think it right.
I dropped him and parked somewhere legitimate.

everyone has parked in a disabled bay at some point.
Reading your other posts, I'm not surprised YOU would think that.

everyone has parked in a disabled bay at some point.

As you may know, I cannot drive any more due to limited eyesight, but in my near 30 years driving, I made a point of NEVER parking in a disabled bay. And believe it or not (I know there are some who do not), I never parked on the pavement either.

Now I am disabled and a blue badge holder, Mrs Secure (& others who are chauffeuring me around) park in them.

I count myself lucky - I have legs that work and am strong enough to walk a couple more yards to a shop or whatever. I don't understand the lazy mentality from able-bodied people nor the sense of unfairness in being made to walk a few more yards.

There are people who can walk only a short distance. You are fortunate if you are not one of them.

not so well brothers and sisters!!.......50% are pis taking scroungers you mean!

can only walk a short distance...lmao....need to park next to the door then they walk hundreds of metres round a store...the world is going crazy.

correction then mitch...smart arse....bit difficult to park in a disabled bay if you are not in a vehicle....I did aim my comment at a reasonably intelligent level....but obviously you managed to get underneath it!

It's fine quoting regulations about where disabled drivers can legally park - but your telling the wrong people.

Tell those that have the blue badges, those that do think that they can park anywhere, park causing obstructions and completely ignoring any other parking restrictions. Because that is what a lot of them do, mind you I suspect that half of them dont actually qualify for the badge in the first place - the scheme gets so abused with badges available in the right (read wrong) places.

Sponsored Links
Back