Parkside (LIDL) PSS250 A1 Orbital Sander

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I remember reading ages ago that some of the Parkside sanders (and other tools) found at LIDLS are pretty good quality, especially considering the price.

My local LIDLS currently has the Parkside PSS250 A1 Orbital Sander it at £10.

Is that of the models that has been praised in the past? Anyone got any thoughts about its quality?

Many thanks

Max

Sponsored Links
I've got 5 Parkside tools - not a problem with any of them.

Sponsored Links
I bought one of their Circular saws a few weeks ago and came to use it for the first time last night. On the first press of the trigger the thing broke off with the trigger and springs flying out and left the saw in the ON position with no way to turn it off other than the mains! First problem I've had with any lidl/aldi tools but be warned!

I purchased a Parkside jigsaw some 5 years ago. I have only used it for a couple of small jobs since then, possible running time of thirty minutes. Original blade still as sharp as a razor.

Came to use it 22/10/12 when it stopped working in the middle of a cut. Checked fuse and power supply. All OK.

Phoned service number at Bilston only to discover that Parkside offer no after sale service whatsoever once the guarantee period is up.

I'm situated near Lichfield. Can anyone recommend a repair workshop near to me that deals with Parkside tools?

Take note: Parkside tools were once cheap and cheerful. Now that they are creeping up in price, the lack of a proper after sales service network puts the brand into the 'avoid at all costs' category.

Cheaper to bin it. They are disposable tools.

You may as well buy a second hand trade tool ,if you are unfortunate and have to have a repair job done ,you have a good trade tool repaired instead of a crap tool that could always let you down and a repair bill

I have a few Parkside stuff, if they last 3 years, even if they need replacing under warranty, then the cost of ownership is very low.

You may as well buy a second hand trade tool ,if you are unfortunate and have to have a repair job done ,you have a good trade tool repaired instead of a crap tool that could always let you down and a repair bill

I agree. Cheap tools are often a false economy. Fine for a diyer who will only use them for 20 minutes at a time.

They are just wrong on so many levels. Short flexes, cheap gearings. non servicable, no resale value, lacking saftey features and often (but not always) will provide a poorer quality of finish.

When I can afford to, I buy Festool but recently I did buy a crap silverline sds breaker/drill, fair enough it did what I wanted it to but after 10 hours it sounds really rough and I almost broke my wrist because I stoopidly assumed that they would have spent a couple of quid fitting a safety clutch. Other than that the only other cheaptool was a bench grinder which went pop when I plugged it in for the first time.

as a pro, buy the best you can afford

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back