pas leak stopper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone recommend a pas leak stopper product they've used with success please ?

Slight drip on my Rover 45 TD - it uses dexron 3 fluid.
I believe is a slight drip somewhere on the pump not any of the pipes.

Granville do Slick 50 and a good price on ebay.

Sponsored Links
I tried the Wynns stuff, with little success, so had to get the car looked at. :(

Do you know where exactly its coming from? The union on the pump where the feed from the reservoir joins is usual suspect I'm reliably informed, replace the copper washers and it should reseal it. Unfortunately though, mine had decided to leak from the joint between the 2 halves of the pump, not serviceable, so new pump needed. (n)

Advise to keep an eye on the auxiliary belt, mine was starting to disintegrate with the effect of the fluid dripping onto it, and as I found out when the belt on its sister snapped, (after the tensioner seized), they are undriveable with the belt missing! :eek:

I've been topping up with Slick 50 and the pas pump leak appears to have slowed but not stopped.

If I were to get a replacement pump at the scrappy, is there much hassle getting the AC pump loosened of to get the pas pump removed ?

As the water pump sits on the back of the pas pump, I'd need to get the pump/engine joint sealed again which I presume I can do the sealant as I'd not be able to get a new o-ring for it !

Sponsored Links
Back