Paslode won't fire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
[ui]
Any one know about paslodes. Mine wont fire at all. Iv new gas and battery but i have nothing???????????????
Any one know about this problem[/i][/u][/b]

Sponsored Links
do you have the right cartridge yellow or red depending on your color in gun, also when did you last charge you battery.
also check to see if plastic top of cartridge is seated proper push it down tightly before inserting in gun.

[ui]
Any one know about paslodes. Mine wont fire at all. Iv new gas and battery but i have nothing???????????????
Any one know about this problem[/i][/u][/b]

ive had this problem a couple of times with my paslode im350....im assuming that you have the same model?!

1.is the light on the side of your gun illuminated red or green? if neither and you have a fully charged battery in & a full gas cannister then i would suggest giving this a wiggle about to see if it is just a loose battery connection.does this work?

2.have you cleaned your gun? if you havent done this then i would suggest reading the instructions that come with your nailgun and following them step by step give your gun a good thorough cleaning! your first attempt to clean your gun should take no more than 15-20 minutes.does this cure you problem?

3.if none of the above suggestions work like in my case when my nailgun packed up then im affraid i had to send mine away to paslode for a trigger replacement(via the shop i bought it from).this cost me £60 to get fixed......well not quite cost me,i managed to persuede work to cough up the money :LOL:

Hi,

Just bought a brand spanking new IM350 from eBay... full charged battery, full strip of 75mm nails, gas canister inserted but cant get it to fire...

After about 20 attempts I got one misfire and thats it..

Anyone ???? :eek:

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Just bought a brand spanking new IM350 from eBay... full charged battery, full strip of 75mm nails, gas canister inserted but cant get it to fire...

After about 20 attempts I got one misfire and thats it..

Anyone ???? :eek:

Hi Avenger,
welcome to the forum :LOL: .Whilst im not an expert on paslodes any advice i offer is purely on the basis of experiences and remedies ive had whilst using my gun.....I dont mean to be funny but is your gun DEFINATELY new? I only ask as if it has had even the slightest bit use this might help to narrow down the problem.
If you can answer a few questions i maybe able to help :rolleyes:

When you press the gun onto the timber does the fan motor make a noise?

what colour is the light on the side of the gun? green/red/blinking red?

are the nails you are using genuine paslode nails?

is the fuel cell definately full(ish)?

check these few things and post your reply

Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this problem :oops:

Despite the raised eyebrows and noticeable humms and erms...

Yes it was purchased from eBay. It was too good an opportunity to miss... a US import at a fraction of the normal shop price (almost half price).

As to the problem.. it is resolved... the nozzle needed pushing down HARD and it was a little jammed. After I lost my cool slightly and with the old brute force and ignorance whacked it down hard on a bit of 2 by 4 it loosened up ;)

So.. it works; the nails erm... nail and the wood...erm... stays nailed.

A brand new half price paslode with a nice cushy grip... cant be too bad surely !

:p

Despite the raised eyebrows and noticeable humms and erms...

Yes it was purchased from eBay. It was too good an opportunity to miss... a US import at a fraction of the normal shop price (almost half price).

As to the problem.. it is resolved... the nozzle needed pushing down HARD and it was a little jammed. After I lost my cool slightly and with the old brute force and ignorance whacked it down hard on a bit of 2 by 4 it loosened up ;)

So.. it works; the nails erm... nail and the wood...erm... stays nailed.

A brand new half price paslode with a nice cushy grip... cant be too bad surely !

:p

Im pleased you managed to sort it out.My gun packed up once and in a schoolboy type tantrum i drop kicked mine off of the roof onto the scaffold and low and behold the problem was resolved......not really recommended though :oops:

Sorry about the rolling eyes and raised eyebrows etc etc,that is just the lighthearted joking you will come to expect on this excellent forum.

A bargain indeed! All id say is if you are using your gun on a regular basis(1000+ nails per day :eek: ) then give your gun a regular servicing.Anyone with half a brain can do this(i can),just follow the instruction guide that came with your gun.

HAPPY PASLODING!!! :cool:

keep it clean and watch the cheaper versions of the gas. They can clog up the injection nozzles very quickly. Despite what paslode say you can use brake cleaner for cleaning them (thats what my paslode service guy recomended to me!) A few quick squirts through the nozzle will normally clean it enough to keep it going while on a job.

Well worth learning how to strip it down and put it back together, it will save no end of time when it stops firing during a job and you can fix it there and then.

I just got another one about 6 months old out of the friday ad. Got left behind by a builder thrown off the job and he left it behind. A bargin at £25! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I just got another one about 6 months old out of the friday ad. Got left behind by a builder thrown off the job and he left it behind. A bargin at £25! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Gunslinger%20tomb%20bug.jpg

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Well,

We are about to find out; my lad was popping a 75mm into a joist and lo and behold the thing has ceased-up.

Looks like I shall be cracking open the ol' cleaning guide and taking it apart for a midnight snack.

Let's see how we get on :idea:

Hi all just joined after reading this thread.
i bought a im350 brand new from tools .net in september.
from day one it never worked as good as it should,having to pump the nose several times before it would fire.
rang the paslode helpline told me it was electrical and to take it to anywhere that stocked paslode,and they would return it to them for repair.so i took it to proos roofing supplies middle of jan.rep still not been in to pick it up even after several phone calls.
so im well peed off with after sales service.will get the gun back and see if i can return it to paslode myself... :(

Hi all just joined after reading this thread.
i bought a im350 brand new from tools .net in september.
from day one it never worked as good as it should,having to pump the nose several times before it would fire.
rang the paslode helpline told me it was electrical and to take it to anywhere that stocked paslode,and they would return it to them for repair.so i took it to proos roofing supplies middle of jan.rep still not been in to pick it up even after several phone calls.
so im well peed off with after sales service.will get the gun back and see if i can return it to paslode myself... :(

Hi eastcoast,
Can i ask why you didn't return it back to tools.net if it was a brand new gun? Did it not come with a warrantee?

The trouble with relying on a rep to take it away for you is that they dont usually visit on a regular basis.I personally would have sent it back to where id bought it from or i would have sent it straight to paslode.

I had to return my gun (as stated in my first post at top of page),in all i was without my gun for 9 days.unfortunately it was back to the old nailpouch full of ringshanks and the trusty estwing for a short time :rolleyes:

Lets hope you get your problem sorted soon.You dont realise how much you rely on your paslode until you're without it for a short(long in your case) period of time....

finally got my gun repaired.got it back on tuesday Scott hire in kingston park newcastle repaired it,and it's fireing like a good un.bill was only 14 gbp.absolute gift... :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back