PAT Testing. Don't you just love it :-(

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
PAT Testing. Don't you just love it :(

Found a fault though! (Well here is a pic of one of about 20 faults TBH!)

1316699287.jpg

Sponsored Links
Tested a pub last week, 3 freezers running off a home made 2 core extension lead

Sponsored Links
Thank heaven for sealed plugs I say. If that's on the end of a lamp the fuse is just a little overrated. One of the twenty perhaps?

At a guess, I'd go with an extension lead probably of Chinese origin.

Well done. Some one who takes off the plug top to check. So many just look at fuse colour in window and don't open it unless the flex has pulled out of grips.

It is so boring not so bad when it's a couple of hours a week but those guy who do nothing else but testing it must be so boring.

Also so easy to get it wrong too. In Uni we were asked if there were any health and safety issues which what we had done and I thought they were looking at something. A quick look and I realised the Allen Bradley PLC was designed to be fitted in a cabinet and for stand alone use the cooling slots were too big and did not comply. So it went on my report as such. Seems the testing guys had missed this and had passed them all. Ups!!!

Just like fixed installation inspection and testing, with PATesting you are more likely to find something wrong visually than by testing.

When I think about it, this was the same place I took some pictures from last time:

1257430367.jpg

1257430369.jpg

1257430370.jpg

1257430406.jpg

1307785302.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back