Patching a small area of render

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am going to paint a rendered outhouse wall with masonry paint, there are a few small areas near the top of the wall whee the render has fallen off and I would like to patch these prior to painting.

As I say, this is only an outhouse so I am not looking for a perfect repair but I would like for the repaired area to be as durable as possible.

So, what is the best way to approach this please? How would I need to prepare the surface before patching and - given that it is such a small area - can I use some sort of premixed mortar product from the likes of Wickes or a local builders merchants rather than buy separate sand sand and cement and create my own mixture?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
For what it is I would give it a good wire brushing then go and buy some Rapid set mortar mix, wet the area you are going to "render " and trowel the muck on then get a sponge and lightly rub it up to match the existing and let it dry properly then paint it.... ;) a little trick with rapid set is , you can add a bit of sharp sand with it mix it and it should match your old render....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back