Patching up exterior walls before painting - what is this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I am new to this forum, although I have read up many a time and you guys are always a big help.

I am going to repaint my house but I want to patch up bits here and there. I know before I do anything I am going to pressure wash the walls first etc, but there are some blown parts and even bits where paint is missing - I'm not sure how the finish has been done, if it's paint or some kind of textured coating? But I want to basically make it good.

Any ideas? I know it won't be perfect. I have included some pictures. I would be grateful if someone could let me know what the finish is and how to repair it? Doesn't look like a render. Probably just thick paint. The layer is about 3mm - Cheers Karl

Sponsored Links
Looks more like a modern thin coat render to me rather than paint, maybe k rend or similar?
Not sure how easy this stuff is to patch repair, maybe someone else can comment.

Thanks for your comment - I have been looking on the net and thought maybe it might also a highbuild paint ?

Sponsored Links
It does look like a textured coating of some kind. If it was a high build paint it would be the same colour right through but it seems to be grey (cement based maybe).
You could use a Tyrolean flicker to apply some cement to the patch and try to blend it in - it may even be Tyrolean in the first place.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back