Patchy paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Hoping someone can give some tips/advice on the paint issue I'm having with painting newly plastered walls.

Bedroom walls and ceiling were plastered a few weeks ago to cover up artex. After the walls were dry we applied dulux new plaster sealer and after that dried we started to paint with Leyland contract white emulsion. That's when the problems start. The walls and ceiling were really patchy with some small areas slightly raised with what looks like a thicker layer of paint on them. These small patches were visible on the ceiling and on the walls.

Having checked the web I thought the best course of action would be to sand down the walls, wash down with sugar soap and reapply the paint. However this time I used thinned down (70:30) dulux brilliant white wall and ceiling emulsion, as I wasn't sure whether the Leyland paint that had been open a couple of months was the issue. So this afternoon I painted the ceiling and one wall and have the same issue. The areas which were affected last time are still problem areas despite the wall been sanded down and washed. What am I doing wrong? I've added a few photos showing the patchy areas (the whiter patches are raised slightly) and also a photo of the wall after it had been sanded and washed with sugar soap - not sure if I should have removed all of the paint, as you can see the whiter areas were the problem parts but are smooth after being sanded down.

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 1,545
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 350
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 395
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 305
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back