Patio Door Frame Rotten

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a UPVC double glazed patio door which for some strange reason has wood underneath the frame. The wood has rotten away & I have removed it, supporting the window temporarily on small blocks of wood. It has been suggested that I should replace the wood with plastic, but where can I purchase plastic? Could I use cement to fill the gap, it's only about an inch or so. If so what kind on mix will work best?

Sponsored Links
Several possibility's. Could you post a few pics so we can determine the best one

Thank you Gazman 16 sorry for my slow reply, found your reply in my junk mail. When I removed the rotten wood it damaged a cement fillet directly above the damp proof course. I have removed the cement which leaves enough space to fit driveway blocks, so this is what I have done. Cemented the blocks in place & refitted a trim that came off. Hope this is a suitable repair. Please let me know if this is wrong.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back