Patio Doors - Replace Double Euro Cylinder with Single

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I want to replace the double eurocylinder locks on our patio doors with single ones so they can just be locked from the inside. We never use the exterior key access. Is this possible and can I replace the outside handles (or the pair) with ones with no exterior keyhole?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Ditto..

Replacing the euro cylinders seems straightforwards, there are plenty of single ended ones advertised, but I can't find handles with 'blank' backplates. Does anyone know of any?

Yes these people do http://www.handlestore.com/category/uPVC-Door-Handles-No-Key-Hole/0/

However, you can only buy pairs and discard the inner one for each handle you need to change. My local locksmith says that they are available separately and he can supply them. (He also pointed out that since the doors are outward opening and therefore have the hinges on the outside they should have dog-bolts on the hinge side of the door to locate with the frame and prevent the door being removed if the hinges are compromised i.e. 3 allen bolts removed.) So I've decided to go for a professional security review and upgrade where necessary.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back