Patio - level with dwarf wall DCP?please advise re B Reg's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there.

sorry had to repeat this OP as no one has left any replies so i think I may do better in the Building Section of this forum

I am looking at doing our patio this summer and simply need to know can i lay the patio upto the same level where the DPC is of the dwarf consevatory wall? ( to which the patio door frame sits on the DPC ) so I am looking for upto as close as i can get to the same level as the internal floors but I am happy to go below if needs be. I am just wanting to have the doors open in the summer and simply walk out onto a similar level of the house and avoid any step as such, but still have the door frame to step over.

I will be looking at laying a drainage system along the bottom up against the dwarf wall where the patio slabs and wall meet! ( aprox 6 mrts long ) so there is going to be a 90mm gap or so for rain water to run into the FloPlast drainage system
and i shall also run the patio away from the house/conservatory

is there an BuildReg issue with splash back from rain dropplets? as I read somewhere ( dated some 4 years ago ) that there is a 150mm rule for this problem?

but in fancy new homes they have the internal flooring and doors level.. with the patio slabs? so i am wondering how do they do this

simply need advice as to what i can do re any building reg's that i need to follow

Cheers All

Jim

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/buildi...radvice-re-dwaf-walldpc.328771/#ixzz1z6rpXgQc

Sponsored Links
hi there.
cheers for letting me know and many thanks.

sorry for repeating my OP before

I have looked into the planning regs, and it states that it must be 150mm below DPC line due to rain splash! but it does not state nor say anything relating to a patio/hard standing up to a building

please can someone advise

Sponsored Links
The short answer is that building regs do not apply, so you can do what you like with the levels

150mm is "recommended" to deal with rain splashes, but if you have a cavity wall it does not matter how high water splashes up

Hi Woody

many thanks for getting back to me on this

i had thought so, but needed someone to confirm it. cheers again as always you have come up with the goods

many thanks

J

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back