Patio.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am building a rather large patio at the back of the house,,, i am happy with the requirements for the ground which is ready..

it is going to be square with a house wall on 2 sides of the square, so am i right in thinking start from that corner?

- whats the fall away from house have to be (i will be using a plum line to tap the slabs into postions, say if 5m long, how high off ground should first slab be as opposed to other side.

- whats the best mix, i dont want to use just sand, someone said drymix (could you plz tell me the mix and type of sand and how much water to add)

thx

Sponsored Links
use 1:6, in a wet bed. dont use dry mix. Dont put dots in the corners. I personally use building sand, some use sharp.

The slope needs to be about 1/4 of a bubble to give a nice fall away from the house.

try and work it so you are square with least number of cuts at the edges, from 1 edge.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back