Pay rates on the rise!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it just me or are the advertised jobs now stating higher rates of pay??
A lot if jobs here in Scotland are advertising for time served Plumbers/Heating Engineers £16.00+ per hour. We could be looking at another Labour shortage soon!! Certainly work had picked up here in the central belt of Scotland & I know there's a shortage of guys with gas tickets in the North East of Scotland with jobs for service engineers being advertised at £1K/week.

Sponsored Links
My firm do A LOT of contract/sub contract work (new build), we are being rung daily with offers of weeks and weeks of graft, and we are having to turn people down!!

Maybe people are starting to see a decent plumbers worth again after the tirade of chancers that have been degrading the industry the last few years with their sub standard work.

Sponsored Links
Maybe people are starting to see a decent plumbers worth again after the tirade of chancers that have been degrading the industry the last few years with their sub standard work.

I certainly think that's the case Dean, most jobs are now advertised for time served Plumbers.

I had a spell on the cards -late 80`s- and I saw a job for a " bod who changes streetlamp light bulbs" :idea: So I went for an interview - same £ as I was getting (JIB ) + extra for late shift to check the on/off timing . So maybe us C+G. plumbers have always been undervalued :rolleyes:

Is it just me or are the advertised jobs now stating higher rates of pay??
A lot if jobs here in Scotland are advertising for time served Plumbers/Heating Engineers £16.00+ per hour. We could be looking at another Labour shortage soon!! Certainly work had picked up here in the central belt of Scotland & I know there's a shortage of guys with gas tickets in the North East of Scotland with jobs for service engineers being advertised at £1K/week.

Where was looking for eng in north east please?
Got a couple of (good) bg eng mates looking for a change.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back