PC not keeping up

Sponsored Links
Cool "win def" on the other hand is a virus/spyware.

You dont need windows defender running if you have avira. Also I'd get ride of registry mechanic, its pants try Eusings Registry Cleaner which it much better.

You dont need windows defender running if you have avira. Also I'd get ride of registry mechanic, its pants try Eusings Registry Cleaner which it much better.

Can you expalin your reasoning why he doesn't need a real time antispyware program because he has an antivirus program? They do not do the same thing and even both running do not conflict.

Totally agree about dumping Reg Mechanic and the reason for getting rid of it.
I have Eusing and also Ccleaner but very seldom use either on the Registry. It has never been proved that cleaning and defraggging a registry speeds up a computer by any noticable increase. It may take a couple of thousands of a second off an operation but you would not notice it.

dave

Can you expalin your reasoning why he doesn't need a real time antispyware program because he has an antivirus program? They do not do the same thing and even both running do not conflict.

Yes I can explain. Avira includes antispyware in its protection. The OP is also running ThreatFire and Winpatrol. Not to mention Windows Defender being pretty rubbish, the amount of computers I've cleaned of spyware with W/D running quiet happily oblivious taking up unnecessary resources.

Totally agree about dumping Reg Mechanic and the reason for getting rid of it.
I have Eusing and also Ccleaner but very seldom use either on the Registry. It has never been proved that cleaning and defraggging a registry speeds up a computer by any noticable increase. It may take a couple of thousands of a second off an operation but you would not notice it.

dave

I defragment about once a year, and clean/defragment the registry once every 6 months as I install/uninstall a lot of software. Defragmenting your HD a lot only accomplishes one thing a quick end to your hard drive.

Sponsored Links
O'K guys
Have got rid of Registry mechanic and windows defender
and downloaded Eusing. Ran a scan and it found 356 problems with my registry. Now cleaned and running sweetly.Thanks a lot
chappell

Thats pretty much it. Make sure its all up-to-date and you should be fine. Further to that you should make sure the software on you computer is up-to-date by using a software update monitor, to make sure all your programs are secure. Could be considered OTT but I'm also lazy.

Thanks daozen. Yes I'm very happy now and everything is running nicely
Thanks also to Dave for your contribution.
Your both great guys
regards chappell

Sponsored Links
Back