PDW080s stuck timer & no heat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks

I’m experiencing a couple of problems with my Proline PDW080s Dishwasher.

The first fault to manifest was a sticking timer. However, I can manually click the washer through a cycle.

The second fault to appear was a lack of water heating.

I have tested the heater element and get a resistance reading of .40 (at x2 setting. I don’t have a x1 setting!). I have also tested the timer motor which is giving an infinity reading. I was unable to test the thermostats due to their inaccessible location.

I’m fairly confident that the timer motor has died, but unsure about the heater. Could the lack of water heater have something to do with the defective timer? I have run the machine on a hot cycle by manually turning the control knob and checked the water temp at each stage, but it just stays cold.

Any advice on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Richard

Sponsored Links
At 0.4 ohms (x2 or not) your element is history. That is probably why your timer is sticking.

Thanks for the quick reply zipper.

I'll replace the heater first & see if that helps the timer problem.

Thanks again
Richard

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back