pebbledash/roughcast

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help? I'm confused :confused: with terminology. Is there a difference with pebbledashing and roughcasting or do they mean the same thing.

Sponsored Links
no. pebble dashing involves clean stones thrown at the rendered wall, where the stones are clearly visible.

roughcast is a mixture of aggregate, sand and cement to provide a rough rendered finish.

probably.

Thanks noseall. In that case I need to pebble dash the bottom portion of the back of my garage as it has crumbled. Is there an easy way of ensuring I get a good match on the original stones used and what is involved?

I have watched a dvd bought on ebay which covers rendering but did not cover pebbledashing. I have never plastered before but would like to attempt it. How easy is it and what are the pitfalls to look out for?

cheers. ;)

Sponsored Links
You need the exact same stones which is unlikely.

Pebbledashing is really easy actually you just bang the render on get it reasonably flat then litterally throw the stones at it. More fall on the floor than stick to the wall I hold a paint tray under to catch as many as I can.

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back