Peeling wall under wall paper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am just in the process of stripping old wall paper from landing and down stairs, I am finding a lot of the walls like below after the wall paper has come off. All I want to do is paint this after the wall paper is off what is the best way to cover this up. If I just paint this the marks will still be visible.

Thanks

image.jpg

Sponsored Links
Scrape of the loose flaky Emulsion paint, sand down and feather edges, fill with fine surface filler, sand down, apply a blinding coat emulsion, then finish off with whatever wall finish you are going to use.

Did you use a steam wallpaper stripper to remove old wallpaper, or remove it dry. ?

Just to add to this further

I am quite a novice painter decorator. What do you mean by blinding coat emulsion? do I not need to use a primer on these walls that I have used the filler on?

Or use a fine surface filler and then just paint with say a white emulsion then go over with what ever colour I will be painting it?

Sponsored Links
Use fine surface filler then paint with a basic Trade Emulsion thinned down to seal, then whatever finish you want.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back