Performa 30he poorly today.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anyone give me clue on this, please.

Got up this morning to no hot water, i have power on light but no others to help me.

I have found that no heat is genetrated when the hw tap is turned on.

When i switch th ch mode the programmer is calling for action and the boiler attempts to run but turns off after a few seconds, it will then cycle through this forever but no ignition takes places.

The system was last used last night to run a bath and this morning was found with a small puddle under the right side and the system pressure down to virtually zero.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated as my bloody electric shower died yesterday too.......AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH

Sponsored Links
The lack of pressure is stopping the boiler working, do you know how to top it up ? then we can find out where its leaking from.

Thanks for getting back,

I have repressurised back up to just over 1.5 bar that didn't help other than letting the system begin the start up routine.

When then routine starts the hw tap light comes on for a second then goes out when it stops. Dunno if that helps

Cheers

Steve

Sponsored Links
Ok so this is weird,

Left it switched off for about an hour, started fitting new shower instead, then gave it another try and it works perfectly now.

Must have been either a short caused when the pressure released and soaked the front panel or a blockage/sticking valve sort of thing which i have dislodged by filling and draining the boiler.

Thanks for the assistance anyway

Probably a bit of air trapped in the pump which was stopping the flow switch from making once it had been tried a couple of times the air dispersed and away she went - if the puddle was under the right hand side of the boiler it is possible that the auto air vent on the pump is leaking ;)

Thanks Boilerman, is that auto screw meant to be tightened right on or backed off slightly. It was loose when i checked so I left it that way.

Only a 5 min job to nip it up if need be though.

The AAV screw should be left backed off a half turn so that accumulated air can escape, however if water is coming out, the AAV is goosed and as a temporary measure the screw can be tightened down untill a new AAV is fitted ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back