Pergola Roof - need help and advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently bought a metal pergola from The Range, its called Verona if you want to look it up.

It is in a free standing position about 1.5m from my house in a "shaded all afternoon" area of my patio and I want to fit a clear roof to it so I don't lose any light into the back of my house and I can sit outside when its raining/drizzling. The wife also has plans for sides/curtains/blinds/heaters etc but I just want to get a roof on it first.

There is a slight slope to my patio area but its hardly anything so i probably need to make the roof slope a bit too. But if its cheap enough and easy enough then I really dont care if I have to replace the roof evey year or two so a slope may not be critical.

I am considering using clear polycarbonate sheets as I think they look quite good and easy to use and are cheap too. But really I have no idea what I am doing or how to do it.

Research tells me that as well as the polycarb sheets I also need end caps, tape, screws, silicon etc to put it all together and make it water tight but can someone advise me on if its even a good idea to attempt this or not and how difficult it is likely to be.

CHEERS

Sponsored Links
There is a company by me called TPD, 01213112666 ask for Matt he is there poly guy, he can tell you exactly what you need and can get you the whole kit delivered, you can also call him if you get stuck with fitting it although it's quite simple.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back