Persuade plumber rehang radiator no brackets?

leak all over them?

Sorry doitall don't understand...

Sorry don't like it when copper tails have lots of movement other than up and down.

I would be concerned about the joints being broken under the floor.

Sponsored Links
Camberwell, while I can understand your frustration, hanging a radiator on two brackets with no holes is a 'starting from scratch' task which your plumber would no doubt grudgingly have undertaken.

Replace the two brackets with four that I see in Toolstation catalogue, task becomes more complicated, especially if there is no substantial fixing behind the hole the bracket is to be located at. It is not unusual to find at least one fixing that ends up in mortar instead of solid brick. Now the fitter has a fight in his hands to get a secure fixing. Remember the position of these brackets is precise with little scope for adjustment and one hole per bracket (discarded bracket two holes and two slots minimum)

Multiply that by three, no wonder the lad walked. Would be easier to get new radiators. ;)

It's a suspended; not a concrete floor. Does that help?

Nope, the pipes are leaning every which way except straight up, so they have either been bent, damaged or loose in the fittings.

What is under the floor plastic or copper, soldered or compression fittings. Plastic would answer a lot of questions.

Bit of a try it and see I think.

Sponsored Links
Also new skirting i take it ? higher /thicker than original good chance looking at the pipes if they dont pull up that the valve will be pushed against the skirting making it look twisted so pipe work would need extending so it looked good .

No point spending all that money on nice new room for sh#te pipework to take the look away

While I agree with DP, 112 and DIA, we would simply explain that any previous arrangement is null and void.

Move onto a pro rata affair for money and crack on.

Skirts might need cutting to accommodate, and of course pipe work needs assessing, but have often seen tails flopping about on pushfit.

If your plumber threw his toys out of the pram then he is either a bit of a dick, or there is something you're not telling us OP.

It would cost you a fair bit more, but then that is your wife's fault for chucking the brackets away.

It is hanging three rads. Not constructing the hanging gardens of Babylon :LOL:

FFS, i agree with the above. If you lived beside me i would have had it done, and been back home for dinner :rolleyes:

Then again, i've tasted my wife's dinner, might have dragged it out till teatime ;)

Thanks again. How difficult do you think it would be to fit free-standing column radiators?

Assuming no leaks, do you think it would be possible to fit them without taking up the floor?

I guess it depends on whether all radiators come in standard sizes...

**UPDATE** it seems there's no such thing as a free standing column radiator. Feet just add support; not replace wall brackets.

No need to get new rads (although i would size up the room as i very much doubt you need all three). Just find a decent plumber (word of mouth usually best way). Just out of interest, how big is the room and what are those rad sizes ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back