petrol theft from 4x4's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my neighbor across the street knocked at my door and said two kids was crawling under my 4x4 (nissan xtrail) at 1.30 in the morning. He was just going to bed after watching a late film and happened to look out his front window before going to bed. He went to his front door and when they saw him they ran off, He reckoned that they was going to nick my petrol by cutting the petrol pipe. if that did happen would they have succeeded, i really want to know if this is possible.they had it worked out that they would have triggered the alarm by trying to prise open the filler flap.your mind runs away with you,i was thinking of getting underneith and smearing the pipes with thick grease,i don't know if thats allowed or would i do more harm,i just don't know.any advice would be welcome.

Sponsored Links
There's easier and quicker ways to get the fuel out than cutting the pipes. They could also have been after your cat?

Nothing quite so subtle as cutting a pipe, they usually just bang a screwdriver through the tank. :eek:

Sponsored Links
As said, more likely they were after the cat as it has good resale value as scrap metal. Loads of it going on right now and 4x4's are easy targets as you don't have to jack them up, just crawl under, undo a few bolts and your away.

You could try scare tactics and put a notice on the underside near the cat saying that you have just been caught on cctv so think twice before you breat the law. Might not work, but I bet some idiots would see it and think twice and leave it alone just in case.

Back