peugeot 307 hdi blowing cold air

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys

got a puegoet 307 2.0 hdi 51 plate....fistly there was a problem with water seeping out of the water reservoir tank, it seems it was the water cap seal was faulty, replaced that and all seems well, however there was a lot of white foamy water coming out, could have been antifreeze or something...the main problem is that the teperature gauge goes up towards the red, but the heater is blowing out cold air when set on hot...thought it might be an air lock, drained the system out but problem is still there....it could also be. thermostat, heater matrix, i just hope its not the latter...any ideas or has any one had any experience with this kind of problem and what the solution is...there is no loss of water, no water mixing with oil to indicate a blown head gasket...

Sponsored Links
Hi...you`ll need to refill the system with a 50/50 mix of antifreeze and water,and then check the heater supply pipework for air bleeders ,if i recall their are at least 2 in the system,HTH

i agree, drain the system again and fill with 50/50. there should be a bleeding screw near the engine block and possibly one near the radiator, look for lengths of solid metal pipes.
if you still have a problem, i'd try the thermostat, they arnet dear, ive changed afew and solved problem everytime

Sponsored Links
hi guys

got a puegoet 307 2.0 hdi 51 plate....fistly there was a problem with water seeping out of the water reservoir tank, it seems it was the water cap seal was faulty, replaced that and all seems well, however there was a lot of white foamy water coming out, could have been antifreeze or something...the main problem is that the teperature gauge goes up towards the red, but the heater is blowing out cold air when set on hot...thought it might be an air lock, drained the system out but problem is still there....it could also be. thermostat, heater matrix, i just hope its not the latter...any ideas or has any one had any experience with this kind of problem and what the solution is...there is no loss of water, no water mixing with oil to indicate a blown head gasket...
head gasket gone by the sounds of it

Back