peugeot 307 hdi pipe bent ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys - can someone tell me if this piece of pipe is suppose to be like this...its in front of the radiator when i lift the bonnet of the car...its has two pipes connected to it one either end...seems to be some water pipe...but its flattened in the middle ?....is that why my fan kicks in when i have been driving...temperature of car is normal and it doesnt overheat...

DSC00024.jpg

Sponsored Links
looking at it, i'd say it's not meant to be like that. Maybe an engine removal / swap without too much care and attention?!
Other thing is if it ain't broke...........
Sure it's a water pipe and not an intercooler pipe?

looking at it, i'd say it's not meant to be like that. Maybe an engine removal / swap without too much care and attention?!
Other thing is if it ain't broke...........
Sure it's a water pipe and not an intercooler pipe?
....i was wondering if this is the reason my fan kicks in just driven around 4 miles in the pouring rain ..had the heating on in the car as the windows were a bit steamy....parked up the car outside my house and fan was running for a good 10 minutes before it stopped...could this bent pipe cause restriction of water flow causing the fan to come on....to be honest i dont know what the pipe is..lol...ta

Front end bump might have bent that pipe!! Body shop who fixed it might not have noticed it was bent, is there an exhaust pipe behind the pipe that it might have gone into??

Sponsored Links
car has never been in a accident as i have a hpi report showing its completely clear......actually ill take a look at my mates 307hdi and see if its the same..lol

deffo looks like a bodge, and it's been apart cause even the french arn't daft enough to put the head facing towards a rad

car has never been in a accident as i have a hpi report showing its completely clear......actually ill take a look at my mates 307hdi and see if its the same..lol

I think HPI only shows if its been a cat D or worse! Could have had a small front end bump.

Hpi knly know what they have been told, I could take a brand new car and smash it up, repair it out of my own pocket and no one would be none the wiser, until they found that distorted pipe.

On topic though, I dont think that it is a big deal, if it bothers you though, it wont cost alot to sort out.

it wont cost alot to sort out.
yeah only £138 from peugeot dealers, apparently you have to buy both side pipes as well....told them where they can stick that pipe.. :evil: ...anyway its not a water pipe, its the intercooler pipe work, some kind of ventilation pipe, has small traces of oil in it, been told its no big deal...no need to replace.

Sponsored Links
Back